1/72 X-Wings (Bandai)

Forum rules
Forum Rules For All Members: No posts of any kind containing offensive language or personal insults will be allowed. Also, no pictures depicting full nudity whether in a post or an individual members personal avatar are permitted. Spamming or multiple trolling posts by members in an offensive way are also not permitted. Violations of these basic guidelines will result in Admin taking action starting with a warning and up to a permanent ban from the community for repeat offending members.
TK Iain

June 20th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Here we go again.

Whist I wait on the spares to arrive for the big K'Tinga I thought I would make a start on a diorama project I have been mulling over for a year or two.

We all know the Bandai Star Wars range and this build will "hopefully" end up recreating the trench run at the end of Star Wars ep.IV when Luke, Biggs and Wedge start their attack.

Got the x-wings (and other 4-5 in the wings for other projects)

Still in the planning stage on this one. The original idea was to have Luke being chased by Big D and his boys and this was going to be auctioned off for charity at the annual UK Garrison auction but it quickly got too big to be practical and was quietly shelved with a possibility of trying sometime in the future. That build was looking at being 6ft long and my car (Renault Clio) just was'nt big enough to take it alongwith suitcases and other model builds.

I need to order up the Death Star tiles from a seller on Ebay who does 12 for about 60GBP including shipping but I don't plan on getting them just yet as I want to concentrate on getting the x-wings looking good first. The tiles are 3D printed versions of the bases the SW kits come with. The eventual base will also have sounds incorporated into it.

I also managed to finally get 3mm pink leds for the engines and they were sods to get as they were constantly sold out but I eventually managed to order up x20 flat tops and x20 round tops to see which will be the better of the two and suprisingly enough there is a brightness difference as seen next.

Round top on the left - flat top on the right.

Hopefully you'll see that the round top is definitely brighter so I'll use them for the engines.

Barely started this one but as usual I hope you come along for the build.
Iain

I've Seen Things You People Would'nt Believe
TK Iain

June 23rd, 2020, 8:04 am

Don't suppose anyone has a spare clear canopy for these x-wings?

Went and sprayed some adhesion promoter over the parts and forgot to cover up the clear canopy bits.
Iain

705CO

June 23rd, 2020, 9:56 pm

I've built quite a few of these. Let me look around.
"When I left you I was but a learner; now I am the master."
TK Iain

June 24th, 2020, 7:40 am

705CO wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 9:56 pm
I've built quite a few of these. Let me look around.
That would be great thanks - I will of course pay for the part and postage.
Iain

705CO

June 26th, 2020, 1:35 am

if it exists, it is in this box....
Attachments
IMG_2993.jpg
TK Iain

June 26th, 2020, 7:59 pm

Now that's a box of bits.
Iain

705CO

June 26th, 2020, 10:52 pm

I have tried several times to send you PMs, but they don't seem to leave the outbox for some reason.
I have the canopy, very certain. Just need a snail mail addy.
Last edited by 705CO on June 27th, 2020, 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TK Iain

June 27th, 2020, 7:43 am

PM sent

Let me know if/when you get it.

Thanks again
Iain